Most beekeepers feed their bee colonies. Some reasons to feed them are:
1. Make sure the colony have enough food during the winter.
2. Make sure the bees have enough honey as fall starts.
3. As a way to feed medication to the colony (different beekeepers have different views on medications, e.g. whether they are to be used prophylactically or only if an issue is observed).
3. To improve the chance of the colony accepting a new queen.
4. To encourage brood rearing.
5. To allow a new colony to draw new comb.
In the video we are using plastic boxes where we fill the sugar water.
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS! LEAVE A LIKE IF YOU ENJOYED!