Welcome to the 9th episode of Beginning With Bees where I address and discuss viewer submitted questions about beekeeping.
In this video we talk about:
1) Can you tell when honey bees are making swarm cells - Lost a hive when the bees swarmed out until it was dead.
2) Can you show us more on the technique you use to render your wax? (This will be answered as a special video on Sunday)
3) What pollen were your bees bringing in last week?
4) It is a requirement to have captured swarms of honeybees quarantined? Are they safe around other colonies?
5) Would you please explain how you plan to obtain "chunk honey" this year. How will you harvest that?
6) Do survivor honeybees produce less honey? Do other bees perform better?
7) How much do you sell your honey for? Pint, Quart? etc...
Links to some products discussed in this week's FAQ video are below:
Muth Honey Bottles with corks: https://amzn.to/2U11QVA
ReCap Mason Jar lids - I use these when extracting honey from FlowHive Supers - https://amzn.to/2HBiFR6
Metal Feeder Shim Entrance Gates: https://amzn.to/2HC5f7r
Survivor Bees That I have used for many years: https://www.beeweaver.com/our-breed/
Avoid Fakes, get a real flowhive at a discount: http://mbsy.co/honeyflow/29307941
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.