Inspecting beehive every now and often is vital to ensure everything is going well. It is suggested to inspect a hive once in a week. More than this will disrupt their work and they will lag behind by a day.
· Try to identify the queen. If it is marked, it will become easy enough. However, try to search one with long slender unstriped abdomen. Also, the queen will be in the middle, with many workers around her.
· Check for any parasites or pests.
· Check how many frames are drawn out. If 8 to 10 frames are drawn in the bottom deep, you can add the second one now.
· Look for eggs. Eggs look like grains of rice. There should be one at the middle of each cell.
· Also, check for the larvae. The brood, capped and uncapped larvae along with egg should be present in the hives.
· Once the inspection is done, replace all the frames, inner cover, outer cover using the hive tools. Be very careful while replacing the frames and covers.
· Finally, keep records of the inspection, which will help you take corrective steps in the future.